Vietnam Trade Office in the Netherlands was established in 1998 as part the Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam to the United State of America and representing the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) of Vietnam mandated with the following functions and activities:
- Enhancing Government to Government trade relations and monitoring the trade regimes and the issues thereof.
- Monitoring and protecting the legitimate rights and interests of Vietnamese enterprises in trade with the Netherlands to ensure the business fairness and legacy.
- Providing business information and guidance to the Netherlands businesses who wish to expand their business to Vietnam and Vietnamese businesses interested in doing business with the Netherlands
- Tailoring and assisting business missions, trade fairs, and business events from the Netherlands to Vietnam and from Vietnam to the Netherlands, making business matching for enterprises from the two countries.
- Promoting the Vietnam national image and brand names of Made-In-Vietnam products.